CAN to TSN Gateway from CAST Bridges CAN 2.0/FD Buses with Time Sensitive EthernetIP core provides easy integration of up to seven CAN buses with an Ethernet network in automotive and industrial systems
December 30th, 2019 – Semiconductor intellectual property (IP) provider CAST, Inc. announced the availability of a CAN to TSN Ethernet IP core that gives automotive and industrial system designers an easy and cost-effective way to link CAN 2.0 and FD buses or devices with a Time Sensitive Ethernet network.
The company believes the CAN2TSN is among the first—and perhaps the only—available silicon IP solution for the growing challenge of integrating conventional and new networks in evolving, data-driven automotive and industrial systems. Developed by CAST using CAST IP and CAN and TSN cores sourced from partner Fraunhofer IPMS (www.ipms.fraunhofer.de), the new CAN2TSNCAN-to-TSN Ethernet Gateway/Bridge provides:
– Bridging of up to seven independent CAN 2.0 or CAN FD ports to a single TSN Ethernet port;
– High-accuracy TSN timing synchronization (IEEE 802.1AS) of under 5µs and flexible TSN traffic shaping (IEEE 802.1Qav and IEEE 802.1Qbv);
– Low-latency CAN to TSN routing of under 30µs for both directions;
– Easy integration, with industry-standard interfaces to the system, Ethernet PHY, and CAN transceivers;
– Fast, efficient operation, with custom hardware stacks running most protocols.
The CAN2TSN Gateway IP core is shipping now. A complete CAN2TSN reference design board is also available.